About Me

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Night Terrors

There's the screaming again, it's my turn tonight. I walk into her room and calm her. She won't take her eyes off of her closet. To reassure her I open it, step inside, and fall. The darkness envelopes me, swallows me. Limbs reach from the walls of the chute, grasping at me as I fall, my speed growing. I begin to see glimpses of light at the bottom as the temperature rises. My skin begins to blister and burn, the velocity sucking the air from my lungs. My skin peels away, revealing muscle tissue, blood pouring out. Why aren't I dead? I should be dead, the pain oh gods the pain. Help me somebody, save me. Wake me up! Where am I? I just keep falling, the light gets brighter and the temperature hotter! I flail and kick through the air, I'm on fire now. Save me! Help Me! It hurts, it burns, I can feel my muscles exploding with the heat. Kill me dammit! HELP!
I watch my flaming bones hit the bottom. Past the burning light, past all pain now. I am safe. Reborn in the light. I and others before me, we wait for another to fall.


This one kinda sucks huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment