About Me

My photo
I am but a conduit for the verbal and musical expressions that the universe chooses to channel through my mind and soul.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Darkbringer (pt.1)

A pulse shot through the air, distorting the world around it. I duck behind the table I flipped over for cover just as it flies over my head and melts a hole in the wall behind me. I wait until I hear the Ryder start to "reload". I pop out from behind my cover as he frantically tries to shove another battery pack into his new age pistol. I pull out my old revolver and shoot his kneecaps, 4 shots left. He drops the battery pack and falls to the floor. He starts crawling towards it, I start to laugh. I stand there, waiting for him to get the pack and start shooting again. This takes him about 5 minutes. He gets the pack, packs it in to his gun, and shakily raises his hand to take aim. He shoots me twice. 1 pulse in the head, and 1 in the chest. As I fall to the ground I begin to plan out my next few moves. The foolish Ryder starts crawling towards the door, he looks back, only to see my body fading into the shadows. Knowing what I am, he readies his gun. The poor fool, it failed to kill me once, what makes him think it will do anything a second time. I walk out of the darkness behind him and shoot him in the right shoulder, forgetting that all Ryders are left handed, 3 shots left. For theatrical effect, I appear out of a tornado of black in the center of the abandoned school cafeteria. I laugh as the Ryder wastes his battery trying to put me down. He starts to cry when I show him my true form, the form of the Darkbringer. I don't waste any more bullets on the worm that stands before me. Opening my fanged jaws, I go straight for the heart.

2 comments: